PLC 5/40E + NODE RED, is it possible?

Hi. I wanted to know if there is any possible way to extract data from an Allen Bradley: PLC 5/40E directly to Node-red.

For example in ControlLogix I’m using the ‘cip-ethernet-ip’ node. From Siemens S7-1500 I’m using ‘S7’ node, is there any node I need to connect to PLC 5/40E?

It also has this little Edge Device that says:

“10Base-T Transceiver”

Does someone have any idea on how to do that?

Welcome to the forum @Luramirez080

Does it support modbus, either over Ethernet or serial port? If so then could use that. Preferably over Ethernet.

Which model is it? [
Transition Networks E-TBT-MC05 or E-TBT-MC02.. You're picture isn't providing enough detail.

Another option, if you can spend some money is here:

Well anyway, that's just playing off the suggestion to grab data via MODBUS.

Another option is to find a free OPC DA Server for PLC5. Matrikon's standard OPC Downloads used to include the ability to connect to a PLC5 without spending any money. Or you could download something from KepWare to try it out.. and then buy it later.

If you really need the data.. then buying a perpetual license is the way to go... You could literally run the OPC Server on the SAME PC that your are running NODE-RED (If you are running NODERED on a Raspberry Pi or Linux box... well that's different altogether).

Then you could try one of the many OPC Client nodes for NodeRED.

TRANSITION E-TBT-MC02

What do you have connected to CH0? What are you using it for and what is it setup to be?