I am using Podman, (I would imagine Docker would be the similar), and node-red container.
I am trying to get Festival working using the 'say' node. Has anyone got this working? as I cannot get it working.
My audio is via HDMI to my monitor
I am using Podman, (I would imagine Docker would be the similar), and node-red container.
I am trying to get Festival working using the 'say' node. Has anyone got this working? as I cannot get it working.
My audio is via HDMI to my monitor
Depending on what audio subsystem you are using (alsa/pulse) you are probably going to need to mount some items from /dev into the container.
I would guess pulse for most modern distros, so I would suggest you search for how to get pulse working in a container. IIRC it will also probably require mounting the d-bus socket into the container as well.
Thanks for replying.
I did get it working with lots of help from AI and some corrections by me ![]()
It did not use the 'say' node, from memory i think it was the 'exec' node