Power BI Node_red

Hi,

I am having an issue installing npm install node-red-contrib-powerbi. Is anyone else having a similar issue or had this issue?

Below is the photo of the issue that i am having

Issue (2)

Welcome to the forum @CallumT.

It seems to install ok for me. I can't test it as I haven't got the hardware. Can you open a terminal and go to your .node-red folder and first remove it as it seems to be partly installed
npm remove node-red-contrib-powerbi
Then install it again
npm install node-red-contrib-powerbi
and copy/paste the terminal output from the install here please. Copy/paste rather than screenshot if possible please. When pasting use the </> button at the top of the forum entry window and paste it in. Hopefully that will tell us something.
I have to point out that it was last updated some years ago so it may no longer work.

If it appears to have installed ok then restart node-red and refresh the browser window and see if it is ok.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for this, it appears that the nodes still haven't loaded onto my palette. This is the output that I am receiving after uploading it in command prompt.

C:\Users\>npm install node-red-contrib-powerbi

npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\package.json'
npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\package.json'
npm WARN No description
npm WARN No repository field.
npm WARN No README data
npm WARN No license field.

+ node-red-contrib-powerbi@1.0.4
added 1 package from 1 contributor and audited 7 packages in 0.947s
found 0 vulnerabilities

Maybe with it been old this may be the issue.

I think you missed out that crucial step. Locally installed nodes must be installed into the .node-red folder.

You have installed it into the wrong location.

You should remove it then cd into the .node-red folder. Then you can install it.

It is best to install things from the palette manager in Node-RED then you won't get those issues.

By the way, have you created an access token? The node package doesn't tell you but you have to get a token first and to do that you have to jump through some other hoops.

Get an authentication access token in Power BI embedded analytics for better embedded BI insights - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

@Colin Thanks for you feed back, i have managed to get the powerbi nodes installed successfully.

@TotallyInformation I have just started to look into the area, I will have a look into this thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.