Problem passing topic.trigger to JOIN node

Hello ,

I'm using JOIN node to join multiple JSON Objects in to a merged object. This works properly.
But I need to use and external trigger every "5 minutes" to generate the output of the "join" node.
I'm using a simple scheduled "inject" as trigger.

From node-red-contrib-join documentation I can trigger the join fuction passing a msg with topic "trigger" but it allways get a error from the join-node output...

Anyone can help to know how to do this ?

Thank you in advance !

Don't use node-red-contrib-join, it has not been updated for four years and probably therefore will have problems. Can't you use the node-red core Join node? It should do what you want.

Hello ,
I've been able to do it , but the problem is at starttime, i need to initialise all inputs of JOIN node rather UI or other sources to get a complete joined merged Object.
Is any posibility to keep/save values between reboots, or flow restarts?
May I use set-state get-state nodes ?

Is this the same question as on the other thread? If so then please close one of them and keep the conversation to one thread. I have already suggested using retained topics in the other thread.

ok , Colin sorry about that.
With retained topic you mean configure MQTT OUT node with Retain set to TRUE ?

Yes, or pass it in the message as described in the node help. But first if you don't know what retained topics are then look at this guide to mqtt.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.