Q about Node-red in project mode, dependencies in package.json, project dependencies

We're using node-red in projectmode running on docker servers .
We use different instances, all with different installed node dependencies.

I would like to include project dependencies in our repositories.
I thought I had found a solution in the project depencies where you can edit the projects package.json depencies property. (I copied the values from /data/package.json to /data/projects/MyProject/package.json.)

So i put all that in a git repository and then clone in a fresh node-red installation (so with a clean /data/package.json), I get the missing node types notification.
If I then go to Project settings, Dependencies. I see all missing dependencies listed with a nice install button next to each.
Clicking the button, does the install.
After closing the project settings when all is installed, I can not re-open it. (no errors, just no action).
Only way to get the project setting back is to manually remove de dependencies property in the /data/projects/MyProject/package.json.
Not sure if this is the proper usage of the Project settings dependencies, buththis way of working fits my needs, I don't need to build specific docker images with the nodes pre-installed fot hthe different projects.

So bug or incorrect usage?

Thanks for your time.

Ended up moving the /data/package.json to /data/projects/project/data_package.json and then creating a symbolic link /data/package.json to this file.

This way both package.json files get their place in the git repository, without messing eachother up.