[q-gate]Feature request - link gates together

@drmibell

Hi Mike
If your a bit bored at the moment how about a facility to link gates together - like link nodes can be?

This is to save having crossed wires (or actually using link nodes of course) to use one inject toggle to open/close two or more gates at once

I realise this could easily be tremendously complex to code for little gain :slight_smile: so feel free to say get lost straight away :slight_smile:

But it would be very cool :slight_smile:

Hi Simon,
Bored, yes, but probably not that bored. On the other hand, I may have had a similar request about a year-and-a-half ago involving node-red-contrib-simple-gate. If you are bored enough to look at this thread and chase down the links, you could tell me whether this is the feature you would like to have in q-gate. If it is, it may not be hard (famous last words) to create a version, probably unpublished, mostly unsupported, and a bit of a kludge, just for the "very cool."

1 Like

Computer says no...

It isn't possible for contrib nodes to do that. The link nodes can do it because they are deeply ingrained in the view code.

Computer is right. I never published to npm, for the reasons discussed in the thread I linked. You will have to download from Github. Sorry.

Or ....

npm install drmibell/node-red-contrib-remote-gate

To install direct from github

3 Likes

Understood. We discussed this some time ago, and node-red-contrib-remote-gate ended up passing control messages via RED.events. Neither a happy solution nor a real contribution to the NR ecosystem. So it sits on GitHub and was never published to npm.

I tried it out and as per other thread, your right, its just not compliant with the Node-RED way

And it only saves one link node so I've just gone using a pair of them instead :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.