Raspberry Pi Zero Errors

Hello,
a fresh new Raspien runns well on a Pi3B. When I insert the same microSD to my Raspberry Pi Zero, NodeRed does not Start. I get the followin Errors:

Start Node-RED

Once Node-RED has started, point a browser at http://192.168.12.133:1880
On Pi Node-RED works better with the Firefox or Chrome browser

Use   node-red-stop                          to stop Node-RED
Use   node-red-start                         to start Node-RED again
Use   node-red-log                           to view the recent log output
Use   sudo systemctl enable nodered.service  to autostart Node-RED at every boot
Use   sudo systemctl disable nodered.service to disable autostart on boot

To find more nodes and example flows - go to http://flows.nodered.org

Starting as a systemd service.
nodered.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 21.
Stopped Node-RED graphical event wiring tool.
Started Node-RED graphical event wiring tool.
nodered.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=4/ILL
nodered.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

What could I do?
Joseph

What happens if you run
node-red
If you get errors then copy/paste them here please, not a screenshot. When pasting use the </> button at the top of the forum entry window.

Hi,

A little bit of "Googling" will learn you, that the Raspberry pi 3 series (3B/3B+/3A+/CM3/CM3+) do use the cortex A53, which is an armv8 core.

In 32-bit mode the differences between armv7 and armv8 are pretty minor, and most software does not seem to bother distinguishing between armv7 and 32-bit armv8. Rasperry Pi OS is a 32-bit OS.

The Raspberry Pi Zero has the Broadcom BCM2835. This CPU is the same as found in the original Raspberry Pi 1, but it has been overclocked to 1 GHz. It is an armv6 core as it uses the same SoC as the original Raspberry Pi 1.

So if you installed everything on a Pi 3B (with NodeJS for armv7) and you move the SD card to a Pi Zero (with armv6) it will not run.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information.
Too bad it doesn't work with the raspiZero. It would have been ideal for me. I didn't find any rasbian for arm6. Do you know a reasonably simple solution node-red on RaspiZero?

Um, is this what you are looking for?

The standard os install works on any pi, it self configures based on the hardware, then you can install node red and all should be good.

Node-red works fine on the Pi Zero with RPiOS. I just tested it with a freshly burned SD card.
But as you have discovered, you can't install Node-red on a 3B and move the SD card to the Zero, you must install NR on the Zero.

1 Like

Well that helped me alot. The bash-Script on this site is perfect. The install is very slow, but worth the wait.
NodeRed runns better than expected.
Thank you!
Joseph

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.