Raspbian, node-red-email and v0.19.4 update fails?

I've just setup a new Pi3B+ with latest Raspbian + all updates and installed the Movidius sdk V2. Before I clone the card, I installed node-red from the "Software Center" and then ran the upgrade script.

Manage Pallet shows I have node-red version 0.19.4, installed the dashboard and noticed node-red-node-email was v0.1.29. Update to 1.0.4 fails with "module not locally installed" I thought the upgrade script was supposed to fix this.

This is my first effort with 0.19.4, all my other systems are in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" mode working as required using older versions.

A stop and restart of node-red made no difference. How to fix? Issue with update script? Stick with the old version of the email node? Its one I definitely need to use.

Hi, yes - as the email node is one of the core one it's buried a little deeper so (for now) you'l have to remove the old one by hand and then add the new one locally

cd /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red
sudo npm uninstall --unsafe-perm --save node-red-node-email
cd ~/.node-red
npm i --save node-red-node-email

Thanks!
After I remove the old one, can I install the new one with Manage Pallet, or do I have to install it again manually?

Your answer seems to suggest the latter, but I thought I'd ask for clarification.

Only one way to find out....

FYI.
I did:
node-red-stop
cd /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red
sudo npm uninstall --unsafe-perm --save node-red-node-email

Followed by node-red-start after the ininstall completed, took a surprisingly long time to unistall.

Searched for node-red-node-email in Manage Pallet, and am installing v 1.04 now. Seems OK.

Thanks!

1 Like