Email for v1.0.3

Brand new installation v1.0.3 today.

How do I install email for v1.0.3? I ran npm install node-red-node-email. It installed 36 packages but I get errors.

pi@Garage-Door-Pi:~ cd .node-red/ pi@Garage-Door-Pi:~/.node-red npm install node-red-node-email
npm WARN node-red-project@0.0.1 No repository field.
npm WARN node-red-project@0.0.1 No license field.

• node-red-node-email@1.7.7
    added 36 packages from 19 contributors and audited 726 packages in 79.009s

3 packages are looking for funding
run npm fund for details

found 1 moderate severity vulnerability
run npm audit fix to fix them, or npm audit for details

I had an older v0.20.7 that I installed email with the Manage palette tool and it worked fine. With this v1.0.3 even after I run the npm install command the email tool shows as being unavailable.

Any help is appreciated. Version of nodejs is v10.15.2.

That tells us the npm install command succeeded. All of the subsequent messages are either warnings or funding messages. They are not errors.

Have you restarted Node-RED to pickup the new module?

Have you checked the log for any errors at startup relating to the email module?

I rebooted the Raspberry Pi since I wanted everything to start clean. I didn't see anything in the logs to indicate a problem.

I ran the npm command again as 'sudo install node-red-node-email'. The two WARN messages disappeared. The fund and audit messages remained. However, the email node then went green and is working now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.