Read variable from OMRON

How can i be able to read variable sent from OMRON PLC ??
i have have successfuly connect to serial port (Com4) but still not able to read data ??
Any idea PLZ ?

0 Likes

Have you configured the serial node to match the properties of your OMRON?

0 Likes

yes.. i have configured it ( com, baud, ..) everything. i don't know if i need to configure the address of variable ?? .. Or i have to use another node?

0 Likes

0 Likes

Can't you use one of the Modbus nodes for that?

0 Likes

Or if you want to use the serial port try changing the split on character to something else and see if there is any output

0 Likes

is there an example?

0 Likes

i always get nothing on msg debug ..

0 Likes

here's what i tried so far but always get error .. ?

0 Likes

Can be connected to plc omron via etherner ? for sending mail

0 Likes

unfortunately, no

0 Likes

when i try to read data sent from termina " type COM4" it shows nothing and keep running to infinity. ?? is it related to my problem ?

0 Likes

is there any chance to address a string starting at DM200 ?

0 Likes

Can you explain what you mean by that?

0 Likes

i have set a variable on Omron memory to DM200 address, and i wan to be able to read this variable on node red.
i have put all the necessary configuration (parity, baude rate, .. ) but i have nothing received on msg debug node.
So, i wonder if i set variable address wich is DM200 in my case the i will be able to receive data on node-red ????

0 Likes

Are you using modbus protocol to read from the device? If not then what protocol?

0 Likes

yes am using serial protocol modbus/RTU

0 Likes

Is the Omron device the slave and the node-red device the client?
If so then node-red has to ask the device for data before it will send anything (at least I think that is how modbus works, I have not used it for a long time).

0 Likes

thnx for ur replies i really appreciate your coorporation.
i try to read data and save it in database from a sensor when it receives something (i mean that it is not in a cyclic way in everytime i press a button)
which node can be able to ask the device? which node let me configurate the address of Omron output ?

0 Likes

One of the modbus nodes I expect. I haven't used them though so I don't know which will do modbus serial.

0 Likes