Read variable from OMRON

How can i be able to read variable sent from OMRON PLC ??
i have have successfuly connect to serial port (Com4) but still not able to read data ??
Any idea PLZ ?

Have you configured the serial node to match the properties of your OMRON?

yes.. i have configured it ( com, baud, ..) everything. i don't know if i need to configure the address of variable ?? .. Or i have to use another node?

Can't you use one of the Modbus nodes for that?

Or if you want to use the serial port try changing the split on character to something else and see if there is any output

is there an example?

i always get nothing on msg debug ..

here's what i tried so far but always get error .. ?

Can be connected to plc omron via etherner ? for sending mail

unfortunately, no

when i try to read data sent from termina " type COM4" it shows nothing and keep running to infinity. ?? is it related to my problem ?

is there any chance to address a string starting at DM200 ?

Can you explain what you mean by that?

i have set a variable on Omron memory to DM200 address, and i wan to be able to read this variable on node red.
i have put all the necessary configuration (parity, baude rate, .. ) but i have nothing received on msg debug node.
So, i wonder if i set variable address wich is DM200 in my case the i will be able to receive data on node-red ????

Are you using modbus protocol to read from the device? If not then what protocol?

yes am using serial protocol modbus/RTU

Is the Omron device the slave and the node-red device the client?
If so then node-red has to ask the device for data before it will send anything (at least I think that is how modbus works, I have not used it for a long time).

thnx for ur replies i really appreciate your coorporation.
i try to read data and save it in database from a sensor when it receives something (i mean that it is not in a cyclic way in everytime i press a button)
which node can be able to ask the device? which node let me configurate the address of Omron output ?

One of the modbus nodes I expect. I haven't used them though so I don't know which will do modbus serial.