Really strange behavior: some values from msg.payload wont be displayed on NR dashboard

well this makes my cache function obsolete :upside_down_face:
Edit no it doesnt i think as there is no value on a new connect to refresh

Not entirely. If you do, you are at the control of cached values, you can use it in the way you want. Send it immediately after tab change or make delays or change it somehow before resend or whatever...

With ui_template option, you can only turn the replayMessage (this is node-red internal therm) on or off. And hope, that if you are using replayMessage, there is one cached for you.

(edit) It is very rare that replayMessage does not exist. If you are not on rapid development and do not kill processes hard way than it works very reliably.

Yeah thank you @hotNipi for that hell of a great tipp - that solved my problem
that new feature slipped thru my hands ? how can it be :smiley:

but really sure before that feature ui_template has reload also ? whatever it works again thanks :smiley:

and one other question for future updates routines -> if npm tells me found vulnerabilities...
using "npm audit fix" without headaches or better not using npm audit fix ?

coz I am new on npm world thats why I am asking - If I can use that commands without issues - I want to put it also in my update bash script :wink:

Before the option was always on.

AHHHH! now I know where my issues coming from ^^ thanks

whats about npm audit fix thingy - to critical or just automate it in a script ?
EDIT: In general how do you do about nodes updates ? everytime up2date coz of security or stay old for functionality ?

@MisterT i think this could without a cache function still sometimes lead to the behaviour on connect. So maybe both. Better safe than sorry :smiley: and if you use the updated version i posted you get a nice message if there is no value yet for some reason.

re npm audit (OFF topic alert)...
in theory it should be "safe" to let it autofix things - but depending on how the package uses the underlying library it may break the using library if the author hasn't scoped the semantic versioning correctly. (And if it is n-layers deep then who know ?!?) So caveat emptor. Up to you to backup first and ensure nothing is broken afterwards.

Sorry guys because I am new on this board I cant answer :smiley: (answering limit thingy)

But Thanks for all great help :slight_smile:
Note: @JGKK I will mark @hotNipi post as solution (easier for newbies I think :slight_smile: ) - but I definetly need your "cache solution" also in the next 5 or 6 flows
So thank you also :smiley:

tldr: Problem solved

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.