ReferenceError: TextDecoder is not defined in SmartNora update

Hi All,

I was updating my nodes in the palette manager, and amongs others, I updated Smartnora to 1.4.1 (if I remember correctly)
After restarting node-red, I found this in the log:

10 Sep 15:04:58 - [warn] [node-red-contrib-smartnora/noraf-async] ReferenceError: TextDecoder is not defined

Now my nodes are not running. Could this be because I did not upgrade to NR 2.0? I am still at 1.1.3.

Linking @andrei-tatar in case he is aware of this issue.

Thanks,
Csongor

I am on:

10 Sep 15:04:45 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.1.3
10 Sep 15:04:45 - [info] Node.js  version: v10.22.0
10 Sep 15:04:45 - [info] Linux 4.9.35-v7+ arm LE

TextDecoder requires nodejs V12 or above.

Id recommend v14 or even 16 if you're going to upgrade.

Thanks for a quick note. Let me try downgrading back to an earlier version, server upgrade is planned in a few weeks anyway.

Interesting. I wasn't aware of this issue, but I do run node LTS on all my machines.
TextDecoder is not a direct dependency of nora, but probably one of the packages (probably firebase or cbor) needs it. I can have a look

I downgraded back to 1.0.3 and it is working again. I am waiting for a NUC to be available (chip shortage?) I will install the latest version there.

OK. I checked and latest version of cbor has a minimum required node version of 12.19. I will also add this to the nora package...

Can you also add to the release notes? I checked that as well, but it was not mentioned there.

1 Like

Yup, will do!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.