Remote I/O erro on reading data from I2C bus on Raspberry Pi

thanks for the suggestion, i saw the posts with the same error, but was hoping it was solved meantime. I'll try other libs and exec node... but i'm really sorry what the specific node created for this purpose is not working properly.

i saw what there are node with the support for SHT3X, my sensor is SHT21. Not sure they are compatible.

I see that Dave Conway Jones has adopted the node-red-contrib-i2c nodes. I'm sure he will read this post and might have some idea of the cause of the error.

sorry - I only helped adopt it to get some library updates in to help try to keep it working. I don't use i2c day to day so have no idea - apart from using command line i2cscan etc to check if the device can been seen, the address is correct etc.

Obviously happy to look at a Pull Request if anyone can dig in and fix / improve it.

Doing a google search, it looks like this sensor has been trouble for quite a while. Here is a link to a old thread that might help you out:
https://forums.raspberrypi.com//viewtopic.php?t=7086

i do not have problem with the sensor itself... i can read values using python script, i was hoping to use the node-red, since it was providing this node... moreover the scan is working fine, as u can see from the debug panel.. and returns me the same address as a command line. So i guess the reading and writing procedure somehow is not working correctly

I would suggest you use teh exec node to call the python script and have it return the values.

using an exec node, i can reach the sensor and read it's data... it's really pitty that so useful node is not working or not explained well how it suppose to be used. I still hope what there is some error on how i'm using it and @nielsnl can help me out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.