Reset SunMeter Node

Hello.

how can I reset the SunMeter node? I like to reset the value every day mid night for instance.

The "Power" can be rested by "payload 0" but I have no idea to reset "Energy".

What is the full name of that node? (i.e. node-red-contrib-???)
I don't see anything in the flow library

node-red-contrib-virtualmeter

I think this is the URL to that node...

Correct it‘s

node-red-contrib-virtualmeter 0.5.28

After a quick look, I didn't see anything showing how you could reset it. You could open an issue with the author of the node.

If you are collecting the data being sent to you, you could use node-red-contrib-cron-plus to trigger a flow (at midnight each night) and then manually reset the value you are collecting.

Issue is opend to the author.
You wrote "If you are collecting the data being sent to you", could you tell how to collect the date by myself?

You could be collecting the data and storing it in a context variable or into a database. If you save it in a database, you can create a query to get all teh data for a single day. If you were to use a contact variable, you could add new input values to the variable and re save it through the day. Then at midnight you could set it back to 0.

However, I don't know how the data comes in - i.e. is it a running total or the total for each timespan.

But if it is resetting something stored by the node itself, you are going to either hope the author will fix it or you can fork the node and see if you can fix it yourself.

Thanks, I'll try.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.