Saving flows to server

Hello. I am running a Pi 4B as my Node-RED server. If i access it from a PC on the same local network and add new nodes and wires to an existing flow, should it save that information to the Pi, or must I export and import it? I just did some changes to a flow and it was not changed on the Pi.

Welcome to the forum.

If you make changes then you need to deploy them, so they take effect on the server.

Make sure you access the pi from your browser on the PC using the ip address of the pi. Then the browser is just an interface to what is happening on the pi, so when you Deploy it saves it to the pi.

It is not necessary to have node red installed on the PC.

Just a suggestion -
You can also make Node-red start on boot and this makes the Rpi very easy to use with other systems . Just make sure to give it power and set up a common network connection and you are golden !

systemctl seems to be what is used on a raspberry. Something like sudo systemctl enable nodered might be what you're looking for.

1 Like

Thanks to all of you for the responses. They were very helpful.
Mike

1 Like

If you haven't already done so then I recommend watching this playlist: Node-RED Essentials. The videos are done by the developers of node-red. They're nice & short and to the point. You will understand a whole lot in about 1 hour. A small investment for a lot of gain.

Should that be sudo systemctl enable nodered.service

Either will do.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.