Sense-Hat with Raspberry PI has no connection

Hi,

I will use the node-red-node-pi-sense-hat (0.1.4) on a Raspberry Pi 3 with Busters,
Node-RED v3.0.2 and
Node.js v14.21.3.
python -V
python 2.7.16
python3 -V
python 3.7.3
But I get the error "no connection".
If found pe-requisites

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sense-hat
sudo pip-3.2 install pillow

But the last command sudo pip-3.2 install pillow does not work. (Command not found)

Is it possible to work with node-red-node-pi-sense-hat on this configuration?

Best regards
Holger

Do you have pip installed?
See How to install pip on the Raspberry Pi - Pi My Life Up

pip --version
pip 18.1 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip (python 2.7)

Is there also a pip-3.2 module/package?

Yes there is a pip3 and a python3 try

sudo apt install python3-pip

Yes but that's not what @webtour is trying to run.

I guess s/he is following the instructions from https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-node-pi-sense-hat

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sense-hat
sudo: pip-3.2: command not found

FWIW there is an issue on the AstroPi github site relating to this error. It says "manual pillow install was only necessary in Wheezy".
The OP is using Buster, 2 versions ahead of Wheezy, but 1 behind the current: Bullseye.

It might be worth installing the latest RpiOS on a spare SD card and see if you can get the sense hat working with that.

Or they could install pip3 which is what the error says is missing. It would not take much time to try that first…

On my Raspberry Pi (Bullseye) pip3 is installed yet pip-3.2 does not exist.

Maybe at some time there was a command pip-3.2 or a link pip-3.2 -> pip3 but not in Buster and not in Bullseye.

I install a fresh Bullseye image on an second SD-card and install Node-red 3.0.2 with Node.js 16.19.1 and node-red-node-pi-sense-hat (0.1.4).

This works fine and connect the Sense-Hat.

But the Pre-requisites command "sudo pip-3.2 install pillow" does not work and may not missed any where.

Thanks to all!

Best Regards

Just got a chance to check and yup, you are right. It looks like the node instructions need an update with that line removed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.