Serial nodes appear to stop working

I have a dozen or so devices in the field that run NR for months on end without a restart. The application makes heavy use of the serial nodes, with several messages per second crossing the wire. I'm running NR 1.0.x with Debian Buster on Raspberry Pi 3B / B+.

I'm starting to see devices that have 3-4 months of uptime lose their ability to communicate over the serial port. This has happened four times, each time on a different device. The symptom is that the device being controlled on the other side of the line no longer responds to commands. There are many possible reasons for this, I realize. However, the cure is simply to reboot the pi (but not the device it is communicating with, notably).

I would love to know the actual cause, but it's difficult to get access to the devices. I have not succeeded in recreating the problem in my own environment. Has anyone else seen this issue with the serial nodes?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.