Serverless Node-RED instance - tailless not headless!

User MAKEs an error - that's the programmers fault.

Programmer MAKEs an error - that's the designers fault.

Designers can't make errors, only improvements.

Bugs come about through the natural thermal decay of the universe - can't be anyone's fault.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Wise words ... ROFL :slight_smile:

Bits jump when sun flares come :thinking:

1 Like

Just a heads-up, I've now made that feature to bug and added limited flow execution:

deadred-flowexec

What I have also added is a status message when a node receives a msg - this is intended to help folks new to Node-RED to understand the concept of message passing.

I have only implemented a very limited number of nodes and there is no guarantee of completeness:

• http request (but GET only)
  • Json node
  • Xml node (using this codebase)
  • delay node
  • inject node
  • change node
  • debug node
  • ClientCode node - the function node for in-browser code

All nodes are demonstrated in the initial flow that's loaded with server-less Node-RED is opened.

The code for the nodes is very slap-dash and does just enough to implement flow execution.

(The intention of adding the Xml node is to emulate the main use-case of Yahoo Pipes! --> RSS feed sorting and merging :wink: )

5 Likes

Amazing work Gerrit!

1 Like

I keep playing around with this and now have additional support for:

• link nodes (link in, link out and link calls)
  • subflow nodes
  • CSV node
  • blockly node (frontend only) - makes for a good comparison between different visual programming paradigms
  • switch node (not fully though)

also the flow compare sidebar works by comparing browser version and the last deployed version of the flow:

deadred-flowcompare

Also if want to create UML, then thats possible:

deadred-flow2uml

There is also a working screen capture sidebar for generating SVGs from flows.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.