Set time for led

hello!
hope everyone is doing great
a newbie here hehe ... what I need to make is
12 LED each light up in a specific time or multiple time of the day or could be set multiple times per week or per month and buzzer that turns on at the same time with led
what's the perfect node for this or I have to make a function for it :roll_eyes:
thank's on advance

Try node-red-contrib-cron-plus

1 Like

I used cron-plus, plus a bit of flow logic to do a flashing effect, I just set the payload to the on/off sequence I want, basically an array of 1s and 0s, and feed each element of the array to the GPIO control at a 1 second interval that walks the array.

So flashing for five times, about 10 seconds... 0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0. And flashing with long ons and short offs, would be... 0,1,1,0,1,1,0,1,1,0,1,1,0,1,1,0. Could even do a Morse code type of thing.

Then I went crazy and setup a MQTT subscriber, so I can send the sequence remotely... this makes for diagnostics easy... I can sent a pattern to a remote device from my phone, to see if the device is responsive for example.

Too much information? :slight_smile:

1 Like

too much information are very welcome I'm greedy for more ... thnx both @Nodi.Rubrum @Steve-Mcl that was helpful

I get a real sense of power, when I push a button on my phone, and one or many or all of my Pi devices flash their diodes, where ever they are in my house.

One of the ideas I have is to transport/receive audio with the same basic idea... so each pi can act as an intercom device, I just need a mike and speaker, doing limited treaming over mqtt. It will not work well for extended conversations but for a brief audio segment, would work.

Steaming audio over mqtt works fairly well i actually have been using that for a whole satellites and master voice assistant set up through nodered for a couple of years now.
@Nodi.Rubrum for your intercom idea you could fairly easily use my node-red-contrib-sox-utils once you have a microphone and speaker set up on a pi. You could wire the record node to a gpio node to record while a button is beeing pressed that is attached to the pi. Would love to hear how you work it out.

To give a way my location a bit.... That will RAD dude. I will reply back here when I get it do, I have a large queue of stuff I am working on, but this is going to be a fun one, so likely get to it sooner than later.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.