Setting dashboard switch based on file and not trigger actions

I have a node like this, where I use the output of a switch to activate or deactivate a camera. But also it saves the status in a /tmp file, so when NR restarts, the status is preserved. However, if I update the status onStart on the switch after reading the file (with a true or false string) that triggers again the execution of the activate/deactivate camera. How can I prevent this? If i de-activate the pass-through option, the switch control does nothing when clicked.

This will still send a message when you click the switch, but it will not pass messages from the switch input side.

Select switch icon shows state of input if you want that input to control the switch postion.

If clicking the switch doesn't generate any input from your flow, then you could just link the switch output back to its input :wink:

If clicking the switch doesn't generate any input from your flow, then you could just link the switch output back to its input

Yeah, ended up doing that. Thanks buddy.

No problem - Do you want to mark as solution to close this then ?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.