SIEMENS OPC UA Server crashes after starting flow in EVENT Mode

Hello, I'm trying to get Messages and Alarms of a Siemens OPC UA Server (SINUMERIK 840dsl). I've done this with a EVENT-Node of the "node-red-contrib-opcua" library. If I start my flow everything works well and I get my Messages and Alarms. But after this first start my OPC UA Server Crashes and is no longer reachable. I already tried to fix the Problem with the LocaleIds array in the ActivateSessionRequest Method, to send a ["en-us"] back instead of an empty array. But this also changes nothing.

Has anyone the same issue with the Siemens OPC UA Server or does somebody know how to fix it? Or is there any limitation with events? Because I get about 30 Messages at the beginning.

The whole process works with the UaExpert.

OPC UA server should not crash even if you deliberately send it a bunch of nonsense - its just poor programming. You need to contact the products developers and tell them their software is flaky.

You could use s7 nodes and communicate direct to PLC instead.

Can you provide flow to study it?

[{"id":"1bf0e4.a45c6f1c","type":"tab","label":"Flow 9","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"78d53380.f4600c","type":"OpcUa-Event","z":"1bf0e4.a45c6f1c","root":"ns=2;s=Sinumerik","eventtype":"i=2041","name":"","x":620,"y":300,"wires":[["9e63ba28.b37ba8"]]},{"id":"9e63ba28.b37ba8","type":"OpcUa-Client","z":"1bf0e4.a45c6f1c","endpoint":"838a421e.92118","action":"events","deadbandtype":"a","deadbandvalue":1,"time":"2","timeUnit":"s","certificate":"n","localfile":"","localkeyfile":"","securitymode":"None","securitypolicy":"None","name":"","x":820,"y":300,"wires":[["18271375.b5c46d"]]},{"id":"3c220db5.edccb2","type":"inject","z":"1bf0e4.a45c6f1c","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":420,"y":300,"wires":[["78d53380.f4600c"]]},{"id":"18271375.b5c46d","type":"debug","z":"1bf0e4.a45c6f1c","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":1030,"y":300,"wires":[]},{"id":"838a421e.92118","type":"OpcUa-Endpoint","endpoint":"","secpol":"None","secmode":"NONE","login":false}]

The Flow is simple and it works if the Server doesn't crash.

What comes to console on crash?

Hi, I have the same problem both with Siemens 840SL (OPC-UA v2) and with Siemens ONE (OPC-UA v3).
Could you solve the problem?
Any suggestion?

Did you read my post?

hi!
if you mean about reading the plc, it's not what I need.
I need to get the NC events like alarms, and I cannot get them from the PLC.

More about contacting the developers. Their product shouldn't crash.

Yes. I think the same.
A Siemens numeric control cannot crash, whatever you send it.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy

-------- Messaggio originale --------

Hey everybody, sorry for the late response. I contacted SIEMENS and they will fix the problem in the newest Version of the OPC Ua Server.
They will release the new version in the next weeks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.