Hello all Node-Red users!
This topic is created for the discussion of one thing that I miss in Node-Red. On the other hand, such a thing would be useful for any home automation system
My home has ~20 sensors and very often some of them go offline, batteries become low or value of sensors exceeds a threshold value.
All these events are important for me so I use a chain of node-red nodes (like node-red-contrib-timeout, node-red-contrib-edge-trigger), android applications (tasker, Remote Bot, AutoNotification) and telegram transport to show persistent notifications on my Android phone. But this chain is too complicated and doesn't work stable.
I also use regular notifications like PushBullet but they can be easily removed and I forgot that something is wrong in seconds
My idea is to create a consistent chain of Node-Red nodes, service, and mobile phone application that allows to:
- show a persistent notification on a phone when some device worth an attention
- remove it when it becomes OK
- notifications have action buttons that could be handled by Node-Red flows (some kind of callbacks)
Also, I'm thinking about the next Node-Red nodes:
- battery node - sends a notification when the battery level is less than 10% and removes it when a device is charged again
- offline node - notification when no message is received from a device during some time. This node could also have optional actions that could be triggered by the phone to make node working again (e.g. send reboot command). Notification is removed when any new message is received
- threshold node - notification when a value from a sensor exceeds the threshold. Notification is removed when a normal value is received
- some kind of raw node that could be configured using the parameters of the incoming message
Maybe there is already something similar or could be used this way?
If no - I'll try to create a sketch of such service and node-red nodes when I have free time
Please share your thoughts and ways how you handle such events in your systems.