Sound problems with my Halloween props

My Raspberry Pi wont play sounds in node red.

If i repeat the input may times manually (by tapping the node), it plays the sound some times. I made a node to repeatedly send inputs, so if I for instance set this to send the value of 1 in to the node 20times with 0.02sec between them it usually gives me the sound, ut not always.

Anyone got any idea of what to do?

It would help to know what node you are using to play the sound (full name please 'node-red-contrib-????) What version of the node and what versions of Node-RED and node.js (you can get these from the startup log)

I am using the play-soundfile that's in node red. I have been using node-red-contrib-audio earlier, but its not possible to install this node, getting err! Failed at lame@1.2.4 install script.

:thinking:

It would help to know what node you are using to play the sound (full name please 'node-red-contrib-????)

What version of the node and what versions of Node-RED and node.js (you can get these from the startup log)

I don't think there is one built in. Look in Manage Palette to see what you installed if you can't remember.

There is an open github issue mentions this problem from October 2020 - but the author has done nothing (node has not been updated in 4 years)

There is even an open pull request that updates it (but the author has not merged it)

You could install the fork by the author of the PR : GitHub - mdimai666/node-red-contrib-audio: A Node RED node for playing audio files

To install this from github, you would CD to your .node-red folder and run npm i mdimai666/node-red-contrib-audio

Thanks for the replys. I will take a look into this and see of I can get it working again :star_struck:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.