Play audio file

I ty to use the "Play audio file" node but can't find the way to make it work. I can play mp3 music from my Raspberry pi with VLC software with no problem. I'd like to know if there is a dependency to have it work or any other detail I missed. Thanks.

Alway useful if you give the full name of the node, as it helps others know what node you mean.

If you mean https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-play-audio

As per the ReadMe it is to play audio in the browser, and there are requirements listed in the ReadMe

Hi @Ghbisson,

It will be useful for us that you share the part of your flow that is playing your music.

When I look at the web audio compatibility chart, all major browser should be able to play mp3.

If I'm not mistaken, the node-red-contrib-play-audio node plays audio in the Node-RED flow editor, and not in the Node-RED dashboard. Make sure that you are not trying to listen with the wrong tool ...

And you can always have a look at the console log of your browser, to see if the web audio library has logged perhaps any problems ...

Bart

Yeap I should have add the complete name
Here's the link:

Ah, never seen that node. Seems that it plays an audio file via a command-line based audio player that needs to be installed on linux. Sorry I have only experience with audio loaded from my Raspberry (e.g. using node-red-contrib-play-audio) and then send to my browser where it needs to play. Good luck!