SSL/TLS with built-in MySQL node?

Dear Community,

just a short question, has anyone established secure (ssl) communication between node-red and a MySQL instance?
I am really struggling to find a solution to establish SSL connection between MySQL (running as a cloudSQL on gcloud) and node-red (latest versions of NodeJS and node-red).

I would prefer to use the built-in MySQL node. Has anybody established to modify the module in a way to work with SSL/TLS? Maybe modified the connection.js file of the module?

I have also tried to use the node-red-contrib-stackhero-mysql node, but cannot find a way to specify the path to the cert files.

Thanks in advance, cheers,
David

-user experience-
Hi everybody, I am new to the forum and just thought I had to leave my most recent "thought about nodes"... I have been searching for hours to find a simple solution allowing secure MySQL database communication, so far without success. I think it would be awesome if there was a contribution that allowed us to simply activate a TLS option and add certificates (or the respective paths).

Hi David (or is it Julian?), welcome to the forum.
The topic Tell us your thoughts about nodes is an invitation to complete a survey, and not to raise specific questions, especially as you have already raised this matter in this topic already.
I've moved it here, to keep everything together.

Paul

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.