Status Node generating disconnect event when server is connected

Hi All,

Status node is generating disconnect event when the server node is connected to tcp server.
Is this a bug in Nodered?

{"fill":"green","shape":"dot","text":"common.status.disconnected"}

Regards,
Shershah

Hi @shershah

Sorry, you need to tell us what Nodes you are using.

example: what is a server node :man_shrugging: is this a node you have installed?

Hi @marcus-j-davies

I am connected to TCP serer using "tcp request" type node. I have static node configured which generates an even when tcp server is connected or disconnected. When TCP server is connected , I am getting "common.status.disconnected" value while it must be "common.status.connected".

{"fill":"green","shape":"dot","text":"common.status.disconnected","source":{"id":"126ac01ac9f7971e","type":"tcp request","name":"tcpServer"}}

Can you share your flow?

Checking the source the disconnected status is only triggered when the connection is closed/ended
is your TCP server disconnecting the client (Node RED)?

Can you also let us know your Node & Node RED Version?

Hi @marcus-j-davies

Thanks for your immediate reply. I found the issue. I was using assignment operator in function node instead of comparison operator.

Thanks & Regards,
Shershah

1 Like

@dceejay

Something did come from this.
I'm seeing a lot of i18n placeholders common.status.***** without the use of RED._()

Would explain the status common.status.disconnected instead of disconnected
node-red/packages/node_modules/@node-red/nodes/core/network/31-tcpin.js at master · node-red/node-red (github.com)

The place holders are valid
node-red/packages/node_modules/@node-red/nodes/locales/en-US/messages.json at master · node-red/node-red (github.com)

Just 1 example

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.