Stuck with port forwarding for node-red-contrib-google-smarthome

The new rules seem to be active on my ISP's modem:

But I still get a timeout when calling https://<my_wan_ip>:3001/check via reqbin.com.
I am going to give it a last try tonight, and then I give up on my Google Home adventure.
Don't know if the request is blocked by my modem's firewall, or my own firewall (after the modem)...

Are you using UFW on your pi?
Are you able to temporarily disable the firewalls, to isolate the problem.

Hi Paul,

I didn't even arrive on my own firewall, due to the (very basic) firewall of the ISP inside my modem:

Since I got really desperate, 10 minutes ago I decided to add another (dummy) rule to my ISP modem firewall. Afterwards I again rebooted the modem. And now it suddenly works:

I have mixed feelings at the moment: don't know if I should be happy that it finally works ( :partying_face: :champagne: ), or should be I be angry for paying a ridiculous amount of money each month to my ISP and me getting a crappy modem with crappy software ( :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: ).

Anyway port 3001 is now accessible. For the next 4000 steps to get this node running, I will create new discussions :wink:

Thanks to everybody that has been thinking out loud to help me through this hell !!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.