Switch Node on UI

I have a quick query that someone may have come across how to solve. I have an input coming in from a barcode scanner and i want to direct it to individual output texts on a UI.
Is there a way to toggle or switch on and off the barcode input at specific nodes so they will be sent to designated outputs, if that makes sense??

I have 1 barcode scanner but wish to display 2 different lot numbers on the same ui.

thanks

how do you tell them apart ? What can you use to direct them ?

I have them in different groups on in the UI. I have tried renaming them with no joy. I tried using a switch(UI) node but that only sends true/false values.
Im not sure if it can be done without using some kind of mqtt setup but want to try keep it locally on 1 device inside of importing alot of needless signal.s
I have tried using toggles, routing, switch and change nodes but i need to be able to select on the UI which data is populated ie job 1 or job 2.

Add a button in each group

Have the buttons set a flow variable to 1 or 2

When the barcode is read, use a switch node to look at the flow variable. Go down path 1 if 1 else.... (You get the idea)

Note. I am assuming the scanner connects to the backend (to node-red side) and causes a msg to be sent.

Barcode scanner connected to Siemens IoT2020 and being read fine in node red with msg.payload.
I want to give the user the option of selecting which job to populate with the barcode scan, thats why i was trying the switch butoon onscreen in the UI.

Got sorted here, thanks everyone.

2 UI switches going to individual switch nodes and running flow.state, on barcode scan to 2 change nodes looking for flow states. The UI switches when true determine which group in populated with the barcode scan.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.