Telegram bot issue with node_red version 3.0.2

Hi,
I need support to install telegram bot for nodered version 16.17.

I was trying install the latest version of telegram bot but the same was throwing up a " polling error".

Please help

The latest version of Node-RED is v3.1.5, are you running Home Assistant!? (if so, you might want to open an issue o their forum.) or is 16.16 the version of node.js you are running?

How did you try to do the node's install?

Please indicate which node you installed and some more details of the error if you would like help from the forum. Thanks.

I am sorry for the wrong information shared.

Node red version v3.0.2
Node.js version v16.17.0

Node installed : node -red-contrib-telegrambot, v 15.1.9

Error received upon using receiver node : polling error

"EFATAL: Error: write EPROTO 6472:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number:c:\ws\deps\openssl\openssl\ssl\record\ssl3_record.c:332:"

While not the same error you are seeing, there is an issue on node-red-contrib-telegrambot GitHub page so I would suggest upgrading NR to the latest version (3.1.5) and node.js to v18.15.2 and testing again.

If you still have an issue then create a small test flow using that node that recreates the error and export the flow and paste it to a reply along with the NR log from startup to the error.

Oops! I gotta big application running on the current version. Upgrading would mean re-doing the entire thing ..

Any alternate nodes which might accomplish the task of sending simple notifications to telegram?

Why?

Well you can search the flows tab as easy as I could and you would have a better idea if anything you find could help you better than anyone else could...

um, not really. it should be as simple as running sudo npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red@3.1.5 then start up and go!

Just make a backup of .node-red (or where-ever your node-red flows user dir is) before you start if you are worried

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.