The end of Weather Underground!

Not really interesting!

3 Likes

I will add more interesting content as I post more. I literally found this post today and thought great forum to respond to. I am a novice on this forum and was just responding to one post. Hopefully I will get more interesting as I find more topics as I've got a ton of weather related info that will be interesting to the community.

Well, many of us are interested in the weather - but most often as hobbyists rather than pro's so the $300pm price tag will be too steep for most here I suspect. There are plenty of people using Node-RED professionally too though so maybe some would be interested.

Also, the focus on US weather will be less interesting for the many of us who are not US based.

But welcome to the forum, I hope you find many uses for Node-RED and we welcome all contributors.

4 Likes

Some of it may well be interesting, but not at $300 per month.

3 Likes

Although I can read weatherstations directly in my area, before that I used the free API without signup from the Norwegian Meteorology institute, they have world wide data available (some data is for Norway only), good lt forecasts.

1 Like

Someone mentioned that in another thread I think. I need to try it out to see how good it is in the UK but I've had too many other things to think about.

As I now have my own sensor outside (only temperature and pressure at present), I can see that Accuweather gives me the most accurate current temperature. However none of DarkSky, Accuweather or OpenWeather give very accurate Humidities; DarkSky is probably slightly better than the others. Either that, or the Oregon Scientific sensor's humidity readings are poor which is possible. But none of the services give humidity readings that closely track all the time.

I've not been tracking the accuracy of forecasts recently though my less than scientific occasional checks on the forecasts of the Met Office and AccuWeather show that they rarely agree and it seems pretty random as to which is best on any given day.

Small update: they've moved the free API key removal to 15th of February.

https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/weatherapi/topics/weather-underground-api-update

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: The end of Darksky?