Timer that can be extended on every push of a switch - current + X min?

cameo69 solved the acutal problem in an way with very few nodes, far less complex than the flow I build for my old 433MHz-stuff for this exhaust fan) and I'm on my way learning some about how to write function nodes.

Your suggestion is more complex and will probably be useful for adding more functions and I have already learned a few more things I had no clue about, even though I don't fully understand it yet...
I just found that sub-flow you wrote about a while ago that I didn't figured out what it was by then...so then it will probably be easier to understand the rest....hopefully...
I had never seen a sub-flow before. That looks to be useful - guess several flows can share a sub-flow...and for notifications for example I might be able to redo/reduce if make that part of my flows in a sub-flow...

I have to spend more time with your flow - maybe this weekend if it gets rainy :slight_smile:

NR is fun - especially with this much help that really trigger to learn and I get more and more ideas what I would like to do in the future when I see what's possible!

1 Like

The main function of the subflow is to handle/create/detect multiple button presses and then that sets how long the extended delay is.

Ok, I am using 2 function nodes in my flow to set/control/adjust the run time.
That is because I am using flow.contex. I did that because I didn't think to modify the messages' attributes so the one function node used could tell the difference.

All good.

I'd better stop here, as I do have other things happening locally which are driving me nuts just now.

I have plenty to study and learn and my primary problem is solved!
Thanks to the both of you who both helped and teached me a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.