TypeError: done is not a function

Buster lite, no desktop env whatsoever, no recommended either. I’m trying to get the most in power out of the pi 0w, so everything I don’t necessarily need is ballast.

Can you post from the start of the install log to the failure please.

Colin, no more script failures. My problem has been solved. These are the steps I took to resolve the issue.

First I did a low level format on the SD card instead of a quick format. I then installed Debian lite as afelix suggested. I ran the script and it completed successfully. I did not do any testing of Node-red with the lite installation.

Next I again performed a low level format on the same SD card. I then installed the "Buster with recommended software" package. I ran the install script for Node-red and it completed with no errors. I started Node-red and comfirmed it was v1.0.1.

I brought up the node-red management palette and imported my flow. I had to add the dashboard and email nodes as they were missing. I had red triangles above several of the nodes so I closed the management palette. When I re-opened it the red triangles were gone.

At this point everything looked good so I opened the web interface. Clicking the Operate button on the interface didn't do anything. I added a debug node and connected it to the "OK/Cancel" Edit notification node. Clicking the Operate button produced no debug output.

I double-clicked the OK/Cancel node and checked the "Accept raw HTML/JavaCript input" checkbox and deployed the change. I clicked the Operate button on the web interface. The debug window displayed "OK" and my relay operated on the remote ESP32 board. After the 20 second delay period expired on the EXP32 it sent the color change message to the web interface and the status button color changed as expected. So everything works with v1.0.1.

Final result of all of this is everything works with v0.20.7 and with v1.0.1 but it will not work with v0.20.8. Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.

What I don't understand is why you ended up with 0.20.x when you ran the script two days ago, you should have got 1.0

1 Like

Colin, I didn't end up with v0.20.x. The script failed, the Pi hung, and after an hour I just powered it down and back up. The v0.20.8 version was installed using npm. That version didn't work with my flow. When I downgraded it to v0.20.7 using npm, it worked correctly.

The script worked in late August when I did my first node-red installation and it installed the v0.20.7 version. I was unable to get the script to work until I performed the low level format yesterday and it installed v1.0.1.

OK, That isn't what I understood from your first post where you said