Uibuilder 3.0.1 not installing on windows

I got a tip on reddit that uibuilder might be helpful for me, but It's not installing on windows or debian. On windows via npm, I kept getting that it could not register module uibuilder. That was kind of a bugger to purge. Then through the palette manager. it installs and I just get a triangle with object Object. I don't see anything that looks like a showstopper error in the install log. After reloading NR, I see
node-red-contrib-uibuilder:uibuilder : Error: Cannot find module 'fs-extra'

On a Pi4 it did a hard fail the first time I tried and then seemed to install okay the second time. Any advice?

There should be information in the Node-RED log and if the install fails, there should be an npm log as well.

It does work for most people so this may be something related to your environment? Have you had older versions of uibuilder installed?

Mostly it is best to install nodes from the pallet manager in Node-RED but if you are having issues, best to drop to a command line and install manually.

If you have a problem with an npm install, you can simply delete the folder in <userDir>/node_modules. With a standard installation, you will have ~/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-uibuilder which you can safely delete.

Also check whether you have other versions of VueJS and bootstrap-vue installed.

I really need more error logs in order to be able to find out what is happening.

Finally, note that v3.1 has just been released so it might be a good idea to clear out the current installation and try again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.