Uibuilder node not connecting to web page

Hey, I keep getting this error, i don't know what the issue is , the web page is displayed correctly but the node can't connect to it. It always shows "node initialized" instead of connected 1.

Error : "[uibuilder:nodeInstance] No valid URL provided. Cannot set up this uibuilder instance"

Can you confirm that you are using uibuilder v5.0.2?

Also, can you please share the initial tab in the settings so I can see what you've put in there?

Thanks.

Actually it worked when I added this

<script src="../uibuilder/vendor/socket.io/socket.io.js"></script>

Yes, that is required by the current version as shown by the templates available to you. This is the index.html file from the "blank" template:

<!doctype html>
<html lang="en"><head>

<meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

<title>Blank template - Node-RED uibuilder</title>
    <meta name="description" content="Node-RED uibuilder - Blank template">
    <link rel="icon" href="./images/node-blue.ico">

<!-- Your own CSS -->
    <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="./index.css" media="all">

</head><body class="uib">

<h1>uibuilder Blank Template</h1>

<button onclick="fnSendToNR('A message from the sharp end!')">Send a msg back to Node-RED</button>

<pre id="msg" class="syntax-highlight">Waiting for a message from Node-RED</pre>

<!-- #region Supporting Scripts. These MUST be in the right order. Note no leading / -->
    <script src="../uibuilder/vendor/socket.io/socket.io.js">/* REQUIRED: Socket.IO is loaded only once for all instances. Without this, you don't get a websocket connection */</script>
    <script src="./uibuilderfe.min.js">/* REQUIRED: remove 'min.' to use dev version */</script>
    <script src="./index.js">/* OPTIONAL: Put your custom code here */</script>
    <!-- #endregion -->

</body></html>

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.