first of all happy new year!!!
for my work i want to experience someting. i have an arduino mkr1310 with LoRa. I'am able to connect the microcontroller with kpn. Now i want to send the data from KPN to Node-red with mqtt. i did some research online, and it looks very simple but unfortuned i can every time connection failed.
i do not see my mistake so if somoine has see it of have some ideas i will be thankfull.
hi @MrEngineer. welcome to the forum.
Perhaps your post would be better categorised as a General query than Share Your Projects?
Does mqtt.arduino.org exist? I can't find anything about it online.
Does it work if you use (for testing only) test.mosquitto.org?
firstly, uninstall node-red-contrib-mqtt - the built in MQTT nodes are more up to date.
Secondly, where are you running node-red? looks like a windows PC
Can you ping
mqtt.arduino.org from a cmd window on this device?
while mqtt.arduino.org responds to a ping request it does not seem to be providing any service. I've been trying to connect through a regular mqtt client and it won't connect so.. not your fault.
You'd need an mqtt server to place your data into.
Thank you, and my appology. i'am going to see if i can change the category.
first of all, thank you very mutch for the info .
- yes it was my plan to unstall it, because it was my first time using node red i was trying out some stuff.
- i'm running node red on a virtual windows pc. i did some research and in some circomstances it can cause connection problems because the virtual pc network has to go through the physical pc.
- going to try it
thank you for the help, i'v solve my problem. i didn't understrand in the correct way how mqqt server worked. i did some extra research and i fixed my problem so everyting is working. Again thanks to everyone for the help and the info
Can you explain what you did to sort out the problem as it might help other people who encounter a similar issue in the furture?
My apology for the late anwere, i just finalise some details and then i will explaine everything.
Again sorry for being so late.
I'm finally done with my little project. everything is know working correctly. i will try to explained it in several steps:
- connection with KPN must always be an encrypted connection which means that the port must be 8883.
- before any connection can be done, you will need to configure a encrypted connection to your server. I have done it with the help of the site below but it depends on your server system:
How to Install and Secure the Mosquitto MQTT Messaging Broker on Ubuntu 18.04 | DigitalOcean
- ones the configuration is done, you will need the MQTT_IN node or block and you just need to put in the server information: host, port, encrypted keys, topic, etc...
- after that you just press the Deploy button if there is a green connection below the MQTT node then it should work.
if there are other question or uncertainties then you can ask
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.