Unable to get binary sensor status and send to telegram

Hi Guys,

I am new to home assistant and NodeRed.

Currently I have having a door sensor installed,

Here is my flow. However I able to get pass to call service, but no message is send out. Able to assist me?

Secondly, I would like to send the status of the the currently binary sensor stat to telegram. Can advice on this?

Nothing is send to telegram....

does the msg contain a chat ID? (use a debug node after the function node)

Also add a debug to the telegram node, set it to complete message. The telegram node has reasonable good error reporting.

1 Like

Hi,

I had added the debug node after the function and the telegram node.

Here are the reply for the debug
It seems debug after telegram node does not show anything

Add a debug node showing what is coming from the Both Gate Open node.

It would seem that msg.payload coming from the HA node is a string of value "off". So your function can not add object properties to a string.
In your function before the lines that are trying to add properties to the payload string, add the line msg.payload = {}; This will convert msg.payload to a object. If you require the value "off" move it to another variable to use later, if required.

Hi, thanks for replying,

After adding msg.payload = {}, which the function node would be like this

msg.payload = {};
msg.payload.content = "Gate is opening... Please wait a moment"
msg.payload.type = 'message'

return [ msg ];

i get the following from the debug

Hi i added the debug not into "Both gate open" Node, it came out "off"

So the error from Telegram says no chat_id, so all you need to do is add a chat_id to the function node
Here is how to find a chat_id

Thanks for the advice and guidance, after adding the chatid, the fucntion node able to work

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.