Unable to load SVG with DRAW SVG

HI all,
just started to play with the node-red-contrib-ui-svg, and got the Draw Svg screen open , but im unable to open files from it.
The folder icons have grey backgrounds, and the mouse cursor doesnt change when hovering over them.
Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?

> 9 Jul 08:56:01 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.3.5
> 9 Jul 08:56:01 - [info] Node.js  version: v14.17.2
> 9 Jul 08:56:01 - [info] Windows_NT 10.0.19042 x64 LE
Draw SVG opening is version 9-3

can anyone assist please?

Open the SVG in a text editor then paste the SVG into the SVG tab

@Steve-Mcl , thanks again. is that the only way we can do it?

I forget now why the open file option doesnt work (was a long time since I integrated the editor into that node).

so your options are, paste the SVG from another editor (your external editor may even have a copy SVG option to avoid writing to file) - or - use the built in editor to create your drawings.

@Steve-Mcl , ok thanks for that thought i was going mad then.

Hi @vikingsraven,
We still have an open issue to hide those buttons, but never had time to finish it...
Bart

2 Likes

@BartButenaers , possible solution! rather than hiding them, add a note to the html link button.
will save a lot of idiots like me asking stupid questions ! :grinning:
appreciate the time and effort you and @Steve-Mcl put into these things and the replies, thank you.

@vikingsraven,

We won't interrupt @Steve-Mcl, because he is now most probably dying at the moment while watching the EU soccer final between the UK and Italy :slight_smile:

I can imagine that it is very confusing that the file-open button in DrawSvg is not responsive. But of course DrawSvg is a third-party tool, so we have not control of everything.

Would it be better if I enable the file-open button?
In the following demo, I open an external SVG file in DrawSvg via the file-open menu:

svg_external_file

The external SVG file is saved to the "SVG source" tabsheet in the Blockly node, so you won't have to do that manually ...

I'm not going to activate the new-file in DrawSvg, because that causes indesired side effects....

@BartButenaers , Yeah that would be perfect, it will save a lot of confusion. :+1:

i will be asking more questions on the svg node soon , as im having difficulty , but that's for another post.
Thanks again. really appreciate it.
ps, best not mention the football!

Version 2.2.3 is available to allow opening svg files via DrawSvg, like in the demo animation above:

2 Likes

Awesome , thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.