Uncertain warning messages

Would anyone be able to help me interpret what these log messages are trying to tell me? I did chase the URL suggested but I've no idea what it's telling me either.

Also, Node Red has been acting strange. It'll run fine for days and days and then suddenly the CPU usage goes to 65% (normal is <5%) and the RAM usage maxes out. No longer can I access the Dashboard using a browser and often VNC cannot get in either. The last time this happened (yesterday) I did get in using VNC and typed node-red-stop 3 times, each time the CLI prompt looked like NR stopped but it actually did not. It continued in the RAM max'd mode.

(node:1363) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Can't send data because WebSocket is not opened.
at exports.throwIf (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/websocket-as-promised/dist/index.js:3470:11)
at WebSocketAsPromised.send (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/websocket-as-promised/dist/index.js:554:7)
at Timeout._onTimeout (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-ewelink/node_modules/ewelink-api/mixins/websocket/openWebSocketMixin.js:38:17)
at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17)
at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7)
(node:1363) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag --unhandled-rejections=strict (see Command-line API | Node.js v21.5.0 Documentation). (rejection id: 344)
(node:1363) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Can't send data because WebSocket is not opened.
at exports.throwIf (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/websocket-as-promised/dist/index.js:3470:11)
at WebSocketAsPromised.send (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/websocket-as-promised/dist/index.js:554:7)
at Timeout._onTimeout (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-ewelink/node_modules/ewelink-api/mixins/websocket/openWebSocketMixin.js:38:17)
at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17)
at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7)
(node:1363) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag --unhandled-rejections=strict (see Command-line API | Node.js v21.5.0 Documentation). (rejection id: 345)

It looks like the node-red-contrib-ewelink node has gone into spin. Seems the websocket connection has failed and maybe it is in a tight loop trying to reconnect ? Looks like an issue that should be reported to the node's author.

Thank you so much for your assistance. I shall seek him out to have a dialogue.

Interesting, GITHUB suggests there is a version 2.0 of node eWelink however the palette manager is happy to leave me with version 1.02. I need to research this more.

Possibly v2.0 is the development version on GitHub and it hasn't been published to npm where the palette manager would see it.

I couldn't see any references to a v2

After having time to look deeper it seems I mistook the ewelink-api (which has v2.0) as the Node Red version however it appears to be the app that the node red version was adapted from. I was following the @skydiver link to find someone to contact.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.