UPDATE: V1.2.1 node-red-contrib-cron-plus scheduler (incl solar events and Timezone support)

Confirmed, it's fixed.

How about just pushing it? Thorough testing would anyway require setting up various schedules and waiting for them to occur. That would be better done by "production" testing by the users. :slightly_smiling_face:

Release a beta/staging version. Itā€™s not worth testing changes like these on a stable version, especially on a 1.0.0 release. Speaking as QA engineer here, we had a client who did this, rolled out a breaking change to production and staging (our test env) at the same time. Before we had the time to report a huge impact issue with caching, one of their customers (realtors all over Europe) did, and the change was rolled back. It was the day they learnt to wait for our initial reports coming in before rolling out to production.

In short, test your 1.0.0 release properly. It might have breaking changes but you more or less promise a stable interface, and you might do a bugfix release (shortly) afterwards, but best to test properly and only squash bugs that were truly missed afterwards. Fix the rest before the release.

2 Likes

@afelix @ristomatti,

Thanks for your comments.

I have been running various schedules and checking them for some days.

I've imported as many old flows as I can to ensure new properties are defaulted in a sane manner etc.

I'm itching to release but I'd hate to have someone point out a school boy error.

Would be great if another set of eyes have it a once over.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Steve, if I can find a moment Iā€™ll run it on my staging environment. Not doing too well at the moment so I canā€™t make any promises.

2 Likes

V1.0.0 Now tagged and published to NPM and flow Library

Last minute tweaks were required (as always) - mostly mobile and smaller devices

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

No v1 ever survives contact with the enemy :rofl:

3 Likes

Hi,
i have a node with only one solar event, "eveningGoldenHourStart".
After it has triggered once it goes to "all stopped" and not to the next date.
Holger

Interesting (jn a bad way)

Would you export the node with that config & I will double check.

Thanks.

Here it is, I just changed the coordinates a bit.
Yesterday I created a 2nd node with sunset (as an extra solar event), that worked and today the new goldenhour is available again.

Holger

[{"id":"b1e3c303.962a3","type":"cronplus","z":"bf2c78c8.6daee","name":"","outputField":"payload","timeZone":"","persistDynamic":false,"commandResponseMsgOutput":"output1","outputs":1,"options":[{"name":"schedule1","topic":"goldenhour","payloadType":"default","payload":"","expressionType":"solar","expression":"0 * * * * * *","location":"51.581987088049675 12.565923404431669","offset":"0","solarType":"selected","solarEvents":"eveningGoldenHourStart"}],"x":465,"y":2940,"wires":[[]]}]

I've done a bit testing - I believe it is just superficial (i.e. the status of the node is incorrectly showing no schedule but there is)

If the node still shows no schedule, would you connect an inject into the cron node with the topic set as a string status-all

The output from the corn node should show there is a "next event"

please let me know.

EDIT:
your code whould be placed between three backticks
```
like this
```
as its not importable otherwise (the forum messes with square brackets etc e.g. should be []

ok, I have prepared this, a 2nd also for solarnoon, but that is here only in about 4 hours.
Holger

Thanks for taking the time to test (note: you could use an offset of -240 to hurry it along :wink: )

yes, you are right and solarnoon was just now :wink:

Status "all stopped" but status-all say in result/status "nextDescription solarNoon in 1 Day and 5 seconds"
So just the status is wrong?
Holger

Yeah - I'll fix that - but you can rest assured the events will still fire (phew)

If you dont mind monitoring and feeding back - i'd be grateful.

thanks.

I'll be in touch. Great tool, by the way.

Please do.

In the mean time, it works (bar the status update)

NOTE: I believe i have it fixed.
hbqEQwlfrL

will update repository soon

1 Like

I have now updated to 1.0.2.
another question, there is the "inject" button, can i trigger it via the input, if so how?
background, i want to output sun positions as time and i need a "start" after creating or restarting
Holger

If you connect an inject into the cron node you can do many things - see the built in help for what you can do. On your question...

so if you add an inject set to send a topic of status and a payload of schedule-name

you will be able to understand the current solar state and solar times...

TBH, you dont even need to create a schedule at all - you can use the describe command.

Try some of the examples i added in the import demos
(CTRL+I > examples)

EDIT...
If you want this status at node-red start up time, use an inject set to fire on start up.

1 Like

the new version now runs without errors. thanks a lot.
Holger

1 Like

Hi Steve,
so far I'm really happy with the node, everything works fine.
But I get the error "ReferenceError: force is not defined" from the node whenever I remove schedules.
Is there something I'm missing to define for the schedule?

1 Like