Upgrade on Raspberry Pi hang or loop

Hi,
I have a raspberry Pi 3 with the raspbian image from last year installed.
When I want to upgarde the node-red software with this command:

bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/node-red/raspbian-deb-package/master/resources/update-nodejs-and-nodered)

The script hangs.
Then I found this help note in the forum:
Stop node red then uninstall node 8.x
sudo apt-get remove nodejs
then remove the node 8.x repository spec
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nodesource.list
Then re-run the script.

But the script hang at the point "install NODE.js LTS"
The last Entry in the Logfile was:
Trigger für man-db (2.7.6.1-2) werden verarbeitet

What could I do now?
Holger

try installing nodejs yourself and then try again

How long did you leave it?

Now the script finish the install process.
Node-red work fine but I found some warning and error messages in the upgrade logfile:

bcrypt_lib.target.mk:107: die Regel für Ziel „Release/obj.target/bcrypt_lib/src/bcrypt_node.o“ scheiterte
make: *** [Release/obj.target/bcrypt_lib/src/bcrypt_node.o] Fehler 1
make: Verzeichnis „/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/bcrypt/build“ wird verlassen
gyp ERR! build error
gyp ERR! stack Error: make failed with exit code: 2
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.onExit (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:262:23)
gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:196:13)
gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:257:12)
gyp ERR! System Linux 4.19.40-v7+
gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "build" "--fallback-to-build" "--module=/usr/lib/node_modules/node-
red/node_modules/bcrypt/lib/binding/bcrypt_lib.node" "--module_name=bcrypt_lib" "--module_path=/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/bcrypt/lib/binding" "--napi
_version=4" "--node_abi_napi=napi" "--napi_build_version=0" "--node_napi_label=node-v72"
gyp ERR! cwd /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/bcrypt
gyp ERR! node -v v12.2.0
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.8.0
gyp ERR! not ok
node-pre-gyp ERR! build error
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack Error: Failed to execute '/usr/bin/node /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js build --fallback-to-build --module=/us
r/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/bcrypt/lib/binding/bcrypt_lib.node --module_name=bcrypt_lib --module_path=/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/bcrypt/
lib/binding --napi_version=4 --node_abi_napi=napi --napi_build_version=0 --node_napi_label=node-v72' (1)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess. (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/node-pre-gyp/lib/util/compile.js:83:29)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:196:13)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1011:16)
node-pre-gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:268:5)
node-pre-gyp ERR! System Linux 4.19.40-v7+
node-pre-gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/.bin/node-pre-gyp" "install" "--fallback-to-build"
node-pre-gyp ERR! cwd /usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/bcrypt
node-pre-gyp ERR! node -v v12.2.0
node-pre-gyp ERR! node-pre-gyp -v v0.12.0
node-pre-gyp ERR! not ok
Failed to execute '/usr/bin/node /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js build --fallback-to-build --module=/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/nod
e_modules/bcrypt/lib/binding/bcrypt_lib.node --module_name=bcrypt_lib --module_path=/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/bcrypt/lib/binding --napi_version=4 --
node_abi_napi=napi --napi_build_version=0 --node_napi_label=node-v72' (1)
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: bcrypt@3.0.5 (node_modules/node-red/node_modules/bcrypt):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: bcrypt@3.0.5 install: node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Exit status 1

• node-red@0.20.5
    added 315 packages from 310 contributors in 645.119s
    Der Benutzer »pi« ist bereits ein Mitglied der Gruppe »gpio«.
    Finished : Mi 8. Mai 12:32:12 CEST 2019

Is this a problem?
I'm a beginner in linux
Holger

You appear to have [quote="webtour, post:4, topic:10916"]
node -v v12.2.0
[/quote]
installed which might be a problem with some nodes especially those which use the serial port.

The script should not install node 12, earlier in the install log you should see it installing node, it should probably be 10.x. Can you see that bit of the log?

Well having been advised to install nodejs manually they have done just that... so can't blame them for that.

The first paragraph of the installation page does say which nodejs version is recommended...

True, I missed that, I thought the script had just finished when @webtour waited a bit longer.