Uploading a file on remote server

Hello everyone,
I have a quick question, Is there any node that can be used to upload a file on a remote server?
I tried using SMB node but its not working correctly. Any other suggestion from the forum?

Use case: I have to upload a CSV file every day on a remote server using NodeRed, this file will create its own name using the date of that particular day, so that there are no same files on the server.
I have been trying this for a while but not able to find the right solution. I hope find one on this forum.

Thanks and regards

I've not tried the SMB nodes.
I did try various FTP nodes but couldn't get them to work with my ISP.

I ended-up writing a Python script to handle sFTP transfers and called it from an Exec node in Node-RED.
It works with a remote sFTP server as well as my local NAS.
Although I've used it to upload jpg files, I'm sure it would handle csv files.

Edit: Just tried a CSV file and it handles that format just fine.

You will probably get other (better) suggestions from other members on the forum.

hello ! please i am working in similar project, i want to upload files with csv format from a FTP server to another one but the two servers are not in the same network, i can use Filezilla for that but i want to automate this task, so can you send me your flow specially the script python and the function blocs .

I've written a short guide on how to 'Upload a file to a remote server' for my IoT students.
Here's the link to the post on the 'Share Your Projects' section of the forum.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.