V-card background color

I want to replicate a notification function in DB2. I have a button with icon and badge teleported to the app-bar. The button is the activator to the menu that appears to show the notifications:

The notification area uses a v-card so I can also add buttons like the Dismiss All button. The issue is that the v-card picks up the navigation color as the background color from the DB2.
But this is something I noticed already when I was working on my weather cards, and I was able to fix it by manually setting the color="white". And I did the same here, but it seems to have no affect.

<template>
    <Teleport v-if="mounted" to="#app-bar-actions">
        <v-menu>
            <template v-slot:activator="{ props }">
                <v-btn variant="tonal" rounded="xl" size="large" v-bind="props">
                    <v-badge :content="counter" color="error" offset-x="-10" offset-y="-5">
                        <v-icon>mdi-message-badge-outline</v-icon>
                    </v-badge>
                </v-btn>
            </template>
            <v-card min-width="300" color="white">
                <v-list lines="two">
                    <v-list-item 
                        v-for="(item, index) in items" 
                        :key="index" 
                        :value="index"
                        :title="item.title"
                        :subtitle="item.subtitle"
                        :prepend-icon="item.icon"
                        @click="send({topic: 'selected', payload: item})">
                    </v-list-item>

</v-list>
                <v-divider inset></v-divider>
                <v-card-actions>
                    <v-spacer></v-spacer>
                    <v-btn prepend-icon="mdi-check-all" @click="send({topic: 'dismissall', payload: ''})">Dismiss All</v-btn>
                </v-card-actions>
            </v-card>
        </v-menu>
    </Teleport>
</template>
<script>
    export default {
        data() {
            return {
                mounted: false,
                counter: 0,
                items: [],
            }
        },
        mounted() {
            this.mounted = true,
            this.counter = 0
        },
        watch: {
            msg: function(){            
                if(this.msg.payload != undefined) {                    
                    this.items = this.msg.payload;
                    this.counter = this.items.length;                  
                }
            }
        }
    }
</script>

Is this related to the fact that the teleport ties these to the app-bar?

Here is the flow if you want to try:

[{"id":"740c215e596fd18a","type":"ui-template","z":"0e3249ddee2000e3","group":"","page":"729ea5699cb6f3ac","ui":"","name":"Settings button","order":0,"width":0,"height":0,"head":"","format":"<template>\n    <Teleport v-if=\"mounted\" to=\"#app-bar-actions\">\n        <v-btn variant=\"tonal\" rounded=\"xl\" size=\"large\" @click=\"send({payload: 'clicked'})\">\n            <v-badge :content=\"counter\" color=\"error\" offset-x=\"-10\" offset-y=\"-5\">\n                <v-icon>mdi-wrench</v-icon>\n            </v-badge>\n        </v-btn>\n    </Teleport>\n</template>\n<script>\n    export default {\n        data() {\n            return {\n                mounted: false,\n                counter: 0\n            }\n        },\n        mounted() {\n            this.mounted = true,\n            this.counter = 0\n        },\n        watch: {\n            msg: function(){            \n                if(this.msg.payload != undefined){                    \n                    this.counter = this.msg.payload                    \n                }\n            }\n        }\n    }\n</script>","storeOutMessages":true,"passthru":false,"resendOnRefresh":true,"templateScope":"widget:page","className":"","x":430,"y":4220,"wires":[["1c5e386ecbadd53c"]]},{"id":"1c5e386ecbadd53c","type":"debug","z":"0e3249ddee2000e3","name":"debug 351","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":650,"y":4220,"wires":[]},{"id":"41867275b1c218b0","type":"inject","z":"0e3249ddee2000e3","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"0","payloadType":"num","x":190,"y":4220,"wires":[["740c215e596fd18a"]]},{"id":"699a43faa5a7d694","type":"inject","z":"0e3249ddee2000e3","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"4","payloadType":"num","x":190,"y":4260,"wires":[["740c215e596fd18a"]]},{"id":"aff916b303023c4c","type":"ui-template","z":"0e3249ddee2000e3","group":"","page":"729ea5699cb6f3ac","ui":"","name":"Notification button","order":0,"width":0,"height":0,"head":"","format":"<template>\n    <Teleport v-if=\"mounted\" to=\"#app-bar-actions\">\n        <v-menu>\n            <template v-slot:activator=\"{ props }\">\n                <v-btn variant=\"tonal\" rounded=\"xl\" size=\"large\" v-bind=\"props\">\n                    <v-badge :content=\"counter\" color=\"error\" offset-x=\"-10\" offset-y=\"-5\">\n                        <v-icon>mdi-message-badge-outline</v-icon>\n                    </v-badge>\n                </v-btn>\n            </template>\n            <v-card min-width=\"300\" color=\"white\">\n                <v-list lines=\"two\">\n                    <v-list-item \n                        v-for=\"(item, index) in items\" \n                        :key=\"index\" \n                        :value=\"index\"\n                        :title=\"item.title\"\n                        :subtitle=\"item.subtitle\"\n                        :prepend-icon=\"item.icon\"\n                        @click=\"send({topic: 'selected', payload: item})\">\n                    </v-list-item>\n                    \n                </v-list>\n                <v-divider inset></v-divider>\n                <v-card-actions>\n                    <v-spacer></v-spacer>\n                    <v-btn prepend-icon=\"mdi-check-all\" @click=\"send({topic: 'dismissall', payload: ''})\">Dismiss All</v-btn>\n                </v-card-actions>\n            </v-card>\n        </v-menu>\n    </Teleport>\n</template>\n<script>\n    export default {\n        data() {\n            return {\n                mounted: false,\n                counter: 0,\n                items: [],\n            }\n        },\n        mounted() {\n            this.mounted = true,\n            this.counter = 0\n        },\n        watch: {\n            msg: function(){            \n                if(this.msg.payload != undefined) {                    \n                    this.items = this.msg.payload;\n                    this.counter = this.items.length;                  \n                }\n            }\n        }\n    }\n</script>","storeOutMessages":true,"passthru":false,"resendOnRefresh":true,"templateScope":"widget:page","className":"","x":430,"y":4320,"wires":[["1c5e386ecbadd53c"]]},{"id":"823c370f6524821b","type":"inject","z":"0e3249ddee2000e3","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"[{\"id\":0,\"title\":\"Device offline\",\"subtitle\":\"Device ESP32 offline since 10:34\",\"icon\":\"mdi-rss-off\"},{\"id\":1,\"title\":\"Weather alert\",\"subtitle\":\"Thunderstorm alert between 20:00 and 22:00\",\"icon\":\"mdi-lightning-bolt\"},{\"id\":2,\"title\":\"Rain report\",\"subtitle\":\"14mm rain fell in the last 24 hours\",\"icon\":\"mdi-weather-pouring\",\"action\":\"dismiss\"}]","payloadType":"json","x":180,"y":4320,"wires":[["aff916b303023c4c"]]},{"id":"729ea5699cb6f3ac","type":"ui-page","name":"Template examples","ui":"cb79bc4520925e32","path":"/templates","icon":"home","layout":"notebook","theme":"0d92c765bfad87e6","order":-1,"className":"","visible":"true","disabled":"false"},{"id":"cb79bc4520925e32","type":"ui-base","name":"My UI","path":"/dashboard","includeClientData":true,"acceptsClientConfig":["ui-notification","ui-control"],"showPathInSidebar":false},{"id":"0d92c765bfad87e6","type":"ui-theme","name":"Basic Blue Theme","colors":{"surface":"#4d58ff","primary":"#0094ce","bgPage":"#eeeeee","groupBg":"#ffffff","groupOutline":"#cccccc"},"sizes":{"pagePadding":"12px","groupGap":"12px","groupBorderRadius":"4px","widgetGap":"12px"}}]

Are you sure it's not the list colour that needs setting?

Try adding color or bg-color to the v-list

No. Before I added the button, I did not use the v-card only the v-list and and it had white background.
I added both color and bgcolor to the list, but no change.

But have you tried since adding the v-card?

Ignore, just re-read

override colors for v-list in overlay to have background colors not vue theme colors

.v-overlay__content .v-list{
    background: rgba(var(--v-theme-background));
    color: rgba(var(--v-theme-on-background),var(--v-high-emphasis-opacity));
}

Thank you. I modified it to this:

.v-overlay__content .v-list{
    background: rgba(var(--v-group-background));
    color: rgba(var(--v-group-on-background),var(--v-high-emphasis-opacity));
    }

Otherwise the background was the light grey of the page background, not the white of the group background.

1 Like

Loving the use of the Teleport :clap:

Yes, it is awesome. I am glad that I stumboled upon it in the documentation.
I was thinking about other cases where I could use it, but could not really think about anything else. Maybe one can add a status bar to the dashboard with a similar apporach?

Yep, status bars, notifications and authentication/user data for Multi User Dashboards is the thinking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.