What is a good way for sending messages between Node-Red and your smart phone also in case the smartphone is not connected to your LAN ?
- Communication should be bi-directional. So it should also be possible to send messages from your smartphone to node-red.
- those messages should not be lost in case the phone is offline, but they should be delivered once your phone is online again.
- It should also be possible to consult and send those messages from a browser or desktop app.
- basic usage should be free.
- You should not actively poll for messages on your smartphone - so you will get a kind of notification as soon as a message arrives.
I am especially interested in the node-red nodes your are using for this and the app(s) on your smartphone.
Currently I am using https://github.com/janvda/node-red-slack (this is version 0.1.2 of node-red-contrib-slack which I slightly modified to reduce logging and assure that the tokens are stored in the credentials file).
The problem with that node is that it still has issues see (https://github.com/yayadrian/node-red-slack/issues) and is based on the deprecated slack-client. Before trying to see if I can not improve this node I think it is first time to consider other alternatives / alternative nodes for this.
Slack itself is fine for me (as we are using the tool also at work) but for the other members of my family it might be a bit too much to ask them to install the slack app on their smartphone and explain them the workings of slack.
So maybe telegram is a good alternative ? If so which nodes I can best use ?
Are the telegram nodes of http://red-bot.io/ a good idea ?
Thanks already for sharing any experience.