Why my Node-red cant install

My node.js version is v18.13.0
when i run cmd he will show me

Error: EPERM: operation not permitted mkdir 'C:\Users\Programmer4\.node-red'

What command? How are you running it? Are you running from the Programmer4 user account or a different account? Have you previously tried to install using an elevated command prompt?

I using cmd to install and running it. Yep i am running from company laptop is Programmer 4 user account. the last one i actually not use an elevated command prompt.

node --version && npm --version 
npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red 

Another Resolution to resolve this problem? I tried many times. uninstall then install back. Actually what happen to my node-red

Does that mean that at some point, you DID use an elevated prompt? If so, it is possible that the folder was created with the wrong permissions. Try renaming it and restart node-red.

Ok Get it. I will try now. Thanks for teaching me on node-red

Good Morning from Malaysia
After I renaming and restart the node-red it still can't installed keep have folder error and I don't know how to resolve it.

Honestly, at this point, I don't know what is causing that. Possibly some kind of anti-malware tool running on the device or some other restriction set by your companies IT department.

Perhaps look at an alternative installation. Try installing node-red locally rather than globally and then start it with the userDir folder set to a sub-folder of node-red. That's how I run node-red anyway. Check out the alternate installer for node-red on my GitHub which should show you the way.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.