Youtube video autoplay

Hello everybody!
I've been trying to automatically play a YouTube video in the dashboard for some time.
Here for what I need it, maybe there is another option.
The whole thing is intended for an entrance hall of seminar rooms.
A normal television.
The displays are controlled via a timer node
The participant list (mySQL database) should be displayed before the seminar.
During the break the YouTube video.
After the seminar pictures.
I have solved the database and the photos.
The YouTube video itself too, but it doesn't start itself.

I tried with template node and the embed code from YouTube and also added &autostart=1 to the link itself.
It just doesn't want to start, except as a link, but then I can't get back to the dashboard.

My idea was to generate a mouse click with nbr-keyb-mouse, but I can't get the node to run.

What options are there to start the videos with autoplay or are there other nodes that can generate a mouse click?
I've been searching for many hours but I only keep finding the same things that don't work. I even created a completely new operating system because I thought that was the reason.

Many thanks in advance

You are, I hope, aware that browsers changed some defaults a while back. Now, autostart of media cannot happen unless there has been a user interaction.

I think that you would need some kind of external automation (an app outside the browser).

I've read that before, so I tried clicking with the mouse, but the node doesn't work either :pensive:

Wasn't it something about autoplay only works if audio is muted??

Even if that were the case, it wouldn't be of much use to me because I need the sound from the videos

Once it is running muted you can always unmute and the sound will be heard

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.