Zigbee switch not working

Although I've read the post below, I still have a non working situation.

https://discourse.nodered.org/t/howto-set-a-zigbee-switch/45227/2

I installed MQTTexplorer and this is what I see

My goal is to have the switches working in HA without the zigbee2MQTT addon.

I don't know about HA (few here do) but if you configure an MQTT In node with that topic you will instantly have access to the data.
I am on my phone so have not looked at your flow.

Unfortunately your flow is not importable. In order to make flow importable it is important to surround your code with three backticks
```
like this
```

When pasting the flow you can use the </> button to add the backticks.
You can edit and correct your post by clicking the pencil icon.

See this post for more details - How to share code or flow json

Looking at the text of the flow you posted, even though it is not importable, I see that you are sending data to the mqtt topic cmnd/home/ZbSend, I thought you were trying to get the current state from the switch.

Can you post a link to the docs describing what you have to send to that switch to control it?
Also are you able to see control the switch by any other means?

[{"id":"434ba335.1c8b7c","type":"tab","label":"Zigbee","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"41e6870f.95be88","type":"mqtt out","z":"434ba335.1c8b7c","name":"TestZigbee","topic":"","qos":"2","retain":"","respTopic":"","contentType":"","userProps":"","correl":"","expiry":"","broker":"fdf8e6cc.83733","x":510,"y":440,"wires":[]},{"id":"1338adea.a0c8d2","type":"inject","z":"434ba335.1c8b7c","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"cmnd/home/ZbSend","payload":"{\"device\":\"light.sonoff_01minizb_62b7e9fe_on_off\",\"send\":{\"Power\":\"Toggle\"}}","payloadType":"json","x":170,"y":440,"wires":[["41e6870f.95be88","6d573cbe.79f4d4"]]},{"id":"6d573cbe.79f4d4","type":"debug","z":"434ba335.1c8b7c","name":"debug","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":310,"y":340,"wires":[]},{"id":"fdf8e6cc.83733","type":"mqtt-broker","name":"MQTT","broker":"core-mosquitto","port":"1883","clientid":"","usetls":false,"protocolVersion":"4","keepalive":"60","cleansession":true,"birthTopic":"","birthQos":"0","birthPayload":"","birthMsg":{},"closeTopic":"","closeQos":"0","closePayload":"","closeMsg":{},"willTopic":"","willQos":"0","willPayload":"","willMsg":{},"sessionExpiry":""}]

I used the info as discussed in the link a the top of this post and I want to control the zigbee switch (on/off) based on the provided input. I can control the switch manually in HA (so it is connected and working).

Meanwhile I used the tip to correct my flow :wink:

I'm using

Program Version	9.5.0(zbbridge)
Build Date & Time	2021-06-17T08:27:09
Core/SDK Version	2_7_4_9/2.2.2-dev(38a443e)

it works for me.

The topic you are using does not seem to be anything like the one in the post you linked to.

Communicating is always a tricky thing. In my situation I'm trying to switch on (or off) a zigbee device in my network via node-red. Maybe I'm too new to node-red to understand that my situation is different than I mentioned as a reference in my openings post. IF so, can someone explain the difference so I can learn :wink:

I have the same firmware, but in ZHABridge mode. Is my issue that I need to reconfigure the sonoff to zbbridge mode ? And can you provide a simple example that I can try ?

No, you have version 9.5.0.8

Your inject node seems to be ok, here an example I'm using:

"topic": "cmnd/zigbeeBridge/ZbSend",
	"payload": "{"Device":"moesActuator","Send":{"Power":"Toggle"}}",
	"payloadType": "json",

So you are using this firmware ?

Correct, actually there is a new Tasmota v10.0.0 Norman.

Just "downgraded" to 9.5.0

No improvement yet. Not sure what device name to use...

Can you confirm that your Sonoff is in ZHA-bridge mode (or are you using a different mode?)

Module_type:

thnx, will give it a try tonight :wink:

To test your device you can also use the zigbee commands in the console.

https://tasmota.github.io/docs/Commands/#zigbee

Moved to Hardware category as this is more about Tasmota than Node-RED. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help again. I can confirm that it is working after I found the correct device name, based on the fact that I was able to determine my switch from this list (only device with an "off" indication)..

I'm still looking for a way to "find" the user-friendly name that I can use in Node-red, but that is a new question :wink:

1 Like