20 tabs of flow are missing

Hi , I did develop production monitoring system using node-red and interface with 25 units of raspberry pi.
My scope is quite big, monitoring incoming data via MQTT and every second calculate production target to be achieve with knowing the cycle time.
While try out first 10 units with raspberry pi, system went very well and no issues at all. After 2 weeks , I did add 8 units of raspberry. No issue.
Than i did add another unit, I can't see any tab's but the system is runing. In terminal i able to view MQTT transaction and data output as well.

My pc specification is Intel® Core i5-8400 [8th Generation processor] 4GBx1DDR4. 1TB 7200 rpm harddisk. Runing on Ubuntu 18.04.

Is this due to RAM?

If you just access the new pi itself from the browser on the PC does that work ok? If not then explain more carefully what is not working.

Before added more raspberry pi.

After added more raspberry pi (Note: No tabs but the debug columns are moving)

The browser doesn't appear to be pointing to the pi. I assumed you were running node-red in the pi. I think you need to explain more what you are doing in each device.

Check the browser developer console for any error messages. The editor hasn't rendered the workspace properly and I can't think of what could cause that, so certainly something unexpected could be happening.

I am running node-red in raspberry pi too. Its acts as client, sending data to server via MQTT.
Server is processing in coming data from all raspberry pi. PHP webserver are installed in my pc for display the data.

I am on aboard now. Once back will update asap.

Hi, Good day. I have attached the browser developer console for your attention. Please do assist me on the issues. Thank you

20%20node%20error

20%20node%20error1

First off it would be helpful if you told us some basic information

1. what platform is NR running on?
  2. what version of NR and nod.js?
  3. was this ever working?
  4. if so, what did you change?

Also,what is the error message (the part in red) and what does that say to you?

Welcome to Node-RED

26 Mar 08:33:43 - [info] Node-RED version: v0.19.5
26 Mar 08:33:43 - [info] Node.js version: v8.10.0
26 Mar 08:33:43 - [info] Linux 4.15.0-45-generic x64 LE
26 Mar 08:33:43 - [info] Loading palette nodes
26 Mar 08:33:43 - [warn] rpi-gpio : Raspberry Pi specific node set inactive
26 Mar 08:33:43 - [warn] rpi-gpio : Cannot find Pi RPi.GPIO python library
26 Mar 08:33:44 - [info] Settings file : /home/alps/.node-red/settings.js
26 Mar 08:33:44 - [info] Context store : 'default' [module=memory]
26 Mar 08:33:44 - [info] User directory : /home/alps/.node-red
26 Mar 08:33:44 - [warn] Projects disabled : editorTheme.projects.enabled=false
26 Mar 08:33:44 - [info] Flows file : /home/alps/.node-red/flows_alps-Server.json
26 Mar 08:33:44 - [error] Unable to listen on http://127.0.0.1:1880/
26 Mar 08:33:44 - [error] Error: port in use

Run on ubuntu platform 18.04.1 LTS

Initially the node-rode with 10 tabs are running in good conditions as describe on above message, I did add few more tabs and make it to 25 tabs. Every single tab are communication with raspberry pi (as client).

The first 10 tabs program are still running and i am able to see data in my database, only the new tabs causes the issues, unable to view any nodes in nodered program.

The error message causes due to restart the system. Array initially unable to read property '0'.

Note: The add new tabs are develop in different pc which runs on Ubuntu platform 18.04.1 LTS and NR version v0.19.5 and Node.js version v11.9.0. I did copy the flows and paste in existing system which cause the error. Is that to version different?

That indicates that, most likely, node-red is already running. Run node-red-stop and then start it again.

I did try that too. Still the same, unable to view the flows

Hi @tramanah,

you have two sets of screenshots showing two different types of error.

In the first screenshot, the editor has fully loaded, the tabs are missing but the debug messages are flowing. That suggests an error whilst loading the flows.

The second set of screenshots show something different. There are no tabs, but you also have icons missing in the sidebar and there are no debug messages. The console shows lots of GET errors - meaning the editor has been unable to load resources from the runtime. That suggests the runtime has stopped whilst loading the editor - you'd have to check the node-red log to see the cause of that.

I do note the two screenshots are accessing NR on different IP addresses.

When you load the editor now which of those two scenarios do you hit now?

What we'd really like to see is the browser console output when you hit the first scenario - where the editor loads fully, but its just the flows that are missing.

If possible, could you send me your flow file to look at? Either copy the file off the Pi, or open http://localhost:1880/flows and copy the output into a new file - then email to me directly nick.oleary@gmail.com

@knolleary could the node.js version be a culprit?

How could i update the node.js version?

Very unlikely. Failing to display the flows in the editor points at a bug in the editor, not the runtime.

Is there any way to delete all the flows.

Before you delete everything, could you send me your flow file as I asked? I would really like to understand what problem you've hit here.

Yes, you can delete the flows file in your .node-red directory.

But before you do that have you sent the file to @knolleary as he asked? Then he has a chance of understanding whatever caused the problem.

Hi, i did email. thanks for support do appreciate most.