AB CompactLogix L24ER

I am trying to communicate to AB CompactLogix L24ER PLC,

Node JS 14.6.0 Version
node-red-contrib-cip-ethernet-ip : eth-ip in
node-red-contrib-pccc : pccc in

ETH IP
This Node is giving me this error, and online discussion shows CompactLogix does not support readWallClock function.
"generalStatusCode":30,"extendedStatus"

PCCC
This Node is showing that communication was established, but it is not retrieving any data
"No response from PLC, restarting the communication"

What node-red-contrib-???? nodes are you using??

Node JS 14.6.0 Version
node-red-contrib-cip-ethernet-ip : eth-ip in
node-red-contrib-pccc : pccc in

Great, now that you have provided the node-red nodes, hopefully someone will be able to help you. i have no access to th devices they are communicating to.

If no one else reply, you could go to the github pages for the nodes and sak the author of the nodes for help.

1 Like

quick question, is the plc pinging from the machine you are running node-red?

@gfcittolin maybe you could help us here?

2 Likes

Hi,
Yes i can ping the PLC and can run Studio5000 to see the code

Hi there,

For CompactLogix/ControlLogix you should be using "node-red-contrib-cip-ethernet-ip", that is, the "eth-ip" nodes. For Micrologix or SLC series, then "pccc".

That said, check that the slot number configured in the node match the slot number of the PLC (not any communication module, but the CPU itself). If it still does not work, then we may need to better check what is not working. When connecting, the only thing the underlying library asks for is the controller props, but that should be supported by CompactLogix.

cpu L32E

In the cpu of the plc it creates the global variables

In node-red install and configure the tcp-ip node for plc Rockwell.
Italy04

In the node configure the variables you generated in the cpu of the Rs5K plc
Italy05

Complete by inserting the connection to the dashboard type GaugeItaly02

you will get this
Italy03

RRomele

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.