Ademco NuTech AD2USB flow - no data

I installed a flow to obtain data from a nuTech Ad2USB unit, connected to a serial port:

I had in the beginning some serial read errors because the Nutech software was looking on the port to provide the interface to control the ademco panel. This is solved.

But I have absolutely no data coming from the serial (debug is empty, nothing to parse), whatever I do with the alarm (arm, disarm, check, etc)

Am I forgetting something basic here ?

Is anything actually coming out of the serial port into those nodes ?

In fact no, but should I send something to receive an answer ?

I receive (in other serial communication, in fact serial to modbus 485) info from a modbus device, without doing anything: I harvest the serial-modbus, parse the data and use them accordingly.

But maybe I'm fooled by the serial-rs485 behavior and I missed that I need to send (what ?) strings to the serial (then ad2usb them ademco) to obtain an answer.? I was genuily thinking that playing with the ademco system (arm/disarm) will push data to ad2usb and serial port, but no luck.

Well the serial in node will only show data that arrives at it - so the remote system must send something to start things off. How that happens is down to that remote system. I guess yes you may need to send it something in order to get it to respond - in which case maybe a serial request node would be better - and then inject some message or other - I have no idea what this ademco is so can't help on that side I'm afraid.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.