Advanced Android notifications

Edit 3: Every message received back also throws an error in the console:

Yes, it's one of the issues that should be fixed. I already filed it on the repository of that library but no answer from the author yet

1 Like

I think this is a great addition to Node Red, thanks for your work!!

Maybe for the future it's an idea to also add browsers as a notification client? Shouldn't be too hard to include using FCM I think?

Maybe for the future it's an idea to also add browsers as a notification client? Shouldn't be too hard to include using FCM I think?

Yeah, it's possible to implement for iPhones and browsers but I'm not sure that I'll have time for this at the nearest future
Btw, I still have Pushbullet installed on the phone and in chrome as plugin and it forwards FireNotify messages to the browser :slight_smile:

I dreamed of doing that too :slight_smile:
Is there any hope that we can receive notifications on Google Message (android)?

You can send SMS / MMS from a browser. RCS technology is already available.
Is there an opening for Node-Red?

Awesome work!!!

I see that you were kind enough to share the source code and I had a couple questions if you had the time...

I am really new to all this so please bear with me!

1. Is there anyway to port/expand your app so it will run on smart android tv's?

I am currently using another app to mirror the notifications from my phone to my tv, but that requires either a dedicated device, disabling most notifications, or having all my notifications appear on devices for anyone to see.

Question 2... What do I need to do to be able to load images from my local server? It is accessible on the local lan via IP or a local only domain name (pi.domain.com), via both http and https, but I cannot get it to load any images. I can get images to appear, but only using public servers with certs that are not self signed.

Question 3... In order to switch from your FCM server key (thank you for being kind enough to allow us all to use it) to our own for privacy and security concerns, is it a simple matter of replacing any references to it in the code with out own, or is it being pulled from another server? (figure its quicker to ask than start digging)

Thanks again for the awesome app and your time, and again please forgive a noob his ignorance!

Thanks for your kind words :slight_smile:
Answers:

1. Is there anyway to port/expand your app so it will run on smart android tv's?

I'm not an expert in Android development so I have no clue. Only one thing I know that minimal supported Android version is 9

1. What do I need to do to be able to load images from my local server?

Currently, it uses internal Android procedures to load image from URL. So if the image is accessible from Android browser then it should be accessible as a notification image as well

1. In order to switch from your FCM server key...

FCM key is given by google server when registering new service
The string which is used in resources just a copy of it to allow users to reuse it

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.